- Size: 4" Spin Klin® compact batteries; 8-12" inlet/outlet manifold diameter
- Capacity: High flow (881-3522 GPM)
- Uniquely efficient; precise particle separation
- Innovative filter design captures and stores large amounts of solids
- Low energy and water consumption
- Long-term operation with barely any maintenance
- Operation is easy and requires no filter media replacement
- Continuous flow during backwash
- Automatic backwashing for self-cleaning
- Particularly cost-effective high-flow module
- The flushing cycle has a regulated volume, is short and environmentally friendly as it minimizes the use of flush water and automatically cleans the filter element. This saves labor and costs — minimum maintenance, and eliminates forever the need to replace filter media.
- Modular batteries allow for easy expansion of system
GALAXY SYSTEMS — TECHNICAL DATA
|DATA||3 UNITS||4 UNITS||5 UNITS|
|Maximum pressure:||145 psi||145 psi||145 psi|
|Minimum pressure for backwash:||38 psi||38 psi||38 psi|
(40-140 mesh, 100-400µ):
|1,188 gpm||1,672 gpm||2,200 gpm|
|Flow rate (55µ):||660 gpm||880 gpm||1,100 gpm|
|Flow rate (20µ):||—||—||550 gpm|
|Filtration surface area:||2,040 in2||2,370 in2||3,410 in2|
|Filtration volume:||1,208 in3||1,610 in3||2,010 in3|
|Weight (Polyester coated):||640 lbs.||814 lbs.||1,065 lbs.|
|Weight (Stainless steel):||605 lbs.||781 lbs.||1,023 lbs.|
|Weight (Bermad valves):||737 lbs.||957 lbs.||1,243 lbs.|
The Galaxy — 4" Spin Klin battery is a modular, high capacity, fully automatic disc filtration system. The Galaxy is a filtration system for high flow rates (881-3522 GPM and higher).
It is a fully automatic filtration system, which means that the filtration process starts once the flow of source water to the system begins, and provides a continuous supply of clean water.
The number of 4" Spin Klin filters in the battery will generally range between three to 10, according to the needs of the application (i.e. the flow rate, the quality of source water, and the grade of filtration). Each filter unit contains five elements of filtration, composed of a stack of grooved discs. The five filtration elements work together simultaneously. For further information, see the explanation of Disc Filtration Technology.
The inlet on each filter has a 3-way valve with two positions. See the Spin Klin page for more details about filtration and the backwash process.
- Filtration position — where the inlet of the filter is open, this allows the flow of water from the inlet manifold into the filter and through the element of filtration to the outlet manifold and to the user system.
- Backflush position — where the inlet to the filter is closed, and the drain port is open. This allows clean water from the outlet manifold to flow in the opposite direction into the filter, clean the discs of the filter element, and flush the solid impurities from the filter to the drainage through the drain manifold. This technology is recommended for good and average qualities of source water, with 40 to 120 mesh grades of filtration. The filtration process begins and a continuous supply of clean water goes on, once the flow of source water to the system starts, and until it ends. When the filters are loaded (with solid impurities) the difference of pressure between the inlet and the outlet of the filter battery rises. A differential pressure gauge detects the critical difference of pressure that was programmed on it, and transmits a signal to the control unit, which then starts and runs a backwash process of the filters in the battery, one after the other. Only one filter at a time is cleaned while the other filters in the battery continue to supply clean water to the downstream, and for the backwash process. See details about control scheme.
- Filtration of solids and impurities is reliable, accurate and efficient
- Innovative filter design, which can store larger amounts of solids, reduces need for backwashing
- Short flushing duration minimizes flush water consumption
- Regulated flush water volume for efficient backwash and water consumption
- Operation is easy and automated, and requires no special tools
- Automatic cleansing of filter element during each backwashing eliminates the need for labor-intensive, expensive, element replacement
- Uninterrupted water supply during backwashing